Get all the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs)
We hope that our first time home buyer information and tips are helpful in making the home buying process easier. While it’s important for any buyer to work with a good, and helpful realtor, it’s even more critical for first time home buyers. Keep in mind that as realtors we do this all of the time and a good realtor will make sure not to forget that you don’t do this all of the time. Information is everything!
home buyer tips
- Where to search and how to find current listings
- The home search. Choosing your home
- The home search. Finding out how much you can afford
- The pre-qualification process
- Why it's important to get preapproved
- Why Buy a home instead of renting
- How to Look for Foreclosures?
- Mortgage musts
- Considering a move? Steps to take
- Homebuyer tips
- Check Your Credit
- 4 tips for home buyers in a buyer's market (older article)
- Who pays for what in escrow
- Closing cost definitions
- Home appraisals
- What is title insurance
- Understanding closing costs
- Common ways of taking title when buying a home (i.e. joint tennants, community property)
- What is the Statement of Information form from the title company?
- What Happens After Funding?
Lender and Loan
- Understanding the loan process
- Benefits of FHA Loans
- The difference between getting pre-qualified and pre-approved
- Local South Bay Mortgage Lenders and Loan Brokers
- Down payments
- What does your mortgage pay for: PITI
- The loan process
- Homeowners Insurance
- What happens in escrow after a loan funds?
- Pre-Qualified v. Pre-Approved
- Understanding the Loan Process
- Benefits of Getting Prequalified
- Historical Interest Rates
- Credit Rules
- Lender and Loan Process
- What goes into your monthly mortgage payment? Understanding PITI
- Loan Terms and Glossary
- Types of Home Loans
- Avoid Predatory Lenders - Warning Signs
- What is Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)?
- Using a 401(K) to Purchase a Home
- What happens after a loan funds?