Welcome to Hermosa Beach, one of the iconic small beach towns of Southern California. Hermosa is one of the smallest cities in the South Bay but what it lacks in size gives it a tremendous amount of charm.
With only one-and-a-half square miles which make up Hermosa Beach, you’re never far from the beach. Hermosa Beach couldn’t feel farther away from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles.
Its approximate 20,000 residents enjoy endless sunshine and beautiful beaches for swimming, surfing, boating, beach volleyball. Other poputlar activities include running, bicycling and rollerblading on the famous “Strand”.
Students in grades K-7 attend award winning schools of the Hermosa Beach City School District and have the option of attending either Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach or Redondo Union.
On a number of occasions Hermosa Beach has been named as one of the top beach towns and “top small beach towns” in America. Coastal Living Magazine named Hermosa Beach one of the top 20 beach towns to live in for 2018!
Real Estate in Hermosa Beach
Real estate ranges from one bedroom condos to spectacular oceanfront mansions on the Strand. The city once had a reputation as Manhattan’s somewhat rowdier neighbor to the south but that has long ago ceased to be the case. Hermosa Beach offers a great community feel which isn’t surprising given the size of the city and the fact that there is only one elementary school and one middle school. It’s hard not to feel like you know just about everyone here. From a realtor perspective Hermosa is broken into 3 “sections” The sand section is closest to the beach and extends from the Strand to Valley Street. As this area is basically sitting on sand and dunes it’s not hard to feel close to the beach. The “valley” section is generally on the hillside from Valley/Ardmore Streets up to PCH. As it’s west of PCH it still feels very close to the beach and due to the sloping hillside homes can often have some nice ocean views. The “hill” section or East Hermosa Beach extends from PCH to Harper in Redondo Beach. It has a nice neighborhood feel and is also a short distance to the beach.
Want an easier way to know about new Hermosa Beach listings? Tell us just a bit about what you’re looking for and we’ll customize a home search and send you email updates whenever a new listing that fits your needs hits the market. Never miss a Hermosa Beach listing again!
- Hermosa Beach Schools
- Hermosa Beach Condos
- The Beach House in Hermosa Beach condo/hotel
- Hermosa Beach Open Houses
- Seaview Villas Panoramic Oceanview Condos
- Recently Sold Homes
- Hermosa Beach Median Home Prices
Hermosa Beach Real Estate Information
- Borders Manhattan to the north and Redondo to the South, west of Valley/Ardmore
- Lot sizes are generally 30×80 with some lots 30×70 and some “half” lots 30×45
- Value of the lot dependent on proximity to the beach, view potential and lot size
- Highly sought after walk streets in the sand section with pedestrian only access
- Relatively quiet section of Hermosa with a very nice neighborhood feel.
- Some of the larger lots in the South Bay.
- Generally located east of Valley/Ardmore and West of Sepulveda
- Borders Sepulveda to the West and Redondo Beach to the East
- Many ocean view houses
- Lot sizes are generally 30×80
Current Homes for Sale in Hermosa Beach CA
Keith Kyle is a Top Producing Realtor and Hermosa Beach specialist with Vista Sotheby’s International Realty in Mahattan Beach